200+ standard years
The Scorpiox was a predator-like semi-sentient creature that roamed and ruled the planet Varl along with another extinct creature pre-dating the age of the Infinite Empire, but was rendered extinct thousands of years before the Rakatans infested the galaxy. Kajidii Kabbura Desilijic Fortiure designed and built Scorpio to look and act like the Scorpiox.
However, years later, Huttese scientists on Varl were able to take DNA from the bones of the Scorpiox and regenerate and clone their bodies, using them as pets and guards in their palaces, with dozens being released into the wild swamps of Varl. Around 15,000 BBY, when the Hutt Cataclysms resulted in the devastation of Varl, the remaining wild Scorpiox went extinct when isotope-6 evaporated every single living thing on Varl, with only a small amount of Scorpiox pets made it off the planet.
Biology and appearanceEdit
Behind the scenesEdit
In the codex entry in Vengeance of Pawa, the Scorpiox was only identified as an extinct predator on Varl. However, in Hutts: The Extinction Effect, Part 1, which detailed the Hutt Cataclysms, the unidentified extinct predator was identified as the "Scorpiox".
- Hutts: The Extinction Effect, Part 1 (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Hutts: Vengeance of Pawa (Codex entry)
- Star Wars: Hutts—Codex Entry: "Nibobo, the Fortiure Clan Droid" (First mentioned)
- Hutts: The Extinction Effect, Part 1 (First identified as Scorpiox)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Hutts: The Extinction Effect, Part 1
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Star Wars: Hutts—Codex Entry: "Nibobo, the Fortiure Clan Droid"
- ↑ Based upon the codex entry that described Nibobo and another extinct species, it can be said that since it was stated that Scorpio was based upon this extinct species, that it looked like a scorpion.